**BiocommAI is one of more than 200 leading AI stakeholders to help advance the development and deployment of safe, trustworthy AI under the new U.S. Government safety institute**

(DELAWARE, USA – JUNE 17, 2024) Today, BiocommAI announced that it joined more than 200 of the nation’s leading artificial intelligence (AI) stakeholders to participate in a Department of Commerce initiative to support the development and deployment of trustworthy and safe AI. Established by the Department of Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on February 8, 2024, the U.S. AI Safety Institute Consortium (AISIC) brings together AI creators and users, academics, government and industry researchers, and civil society organizations to meet this mission.

“We believe AI is the most important and transformative technology since the Gutenberg Press- with an infinitely more powerful impact on humans, our society and our humanity. We believe mathematically provable, trustworthy and safe deployment of AI data centers is vital to the growth and prosperity of the booming AI Industry. With great power comes great responsibility. Many scientists in the AI industry believe the probability of a potential catastrophic outcome for humanity from AI technology to be 10 percent, on average, or even greater. Some believe the probability of catastrophe (“p(doom”) to be 90 percent, or even worse.”
Peter A. Jensen

CEO, BiocommAI

We must listen to world renowned Professor Stephen Hawking, former University of Cambridge Lucasian Professor of Mathematics, a position once held by Isaac Newton: “I think the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. Once humans develop artificial intelligence that will take off on its own and redesign itself at an ever-increasing rate. Humans who are limited by slow biological evolution couldn’t compete and would be superseded.” – Stephen Hawking, BBC News, 2014

“At BiocommAI we believe, despite the enormous benefits of AI, any level of existential risk to humanity is unacceptable. We are committed to collaborate with members of the U.S. AI Safety Institute Consortium, to contribute to the success of the mission of the U.S. Artificial Intelligence Safety Institute, and to deliver provably safe AI technology for the prosperity and benefit of all humans.” said Peter A. Jensen.

The consortium includes more than 200 member companies and organizations that are on the frontlines of developing and using AI systems, as well as the civil society and academic teams that are building the foundational understanding of how AI can and will transform our society. These entities represent the nation’s largest companies and its innovative startups; creators of the world’s most advanced AI systems and hardware; key members of civil society and the academic community; and representatives of professions with deep engagement in AI’s use today. The consortium also includes state and local governments, as well as non-profits. The consortium will also work with organizations from like-minded nations that have a key role to play in setting interoperable and effective safety around the world.

The full list of consortium participants is available here.

BiocommAI is dedicated to design, engineering and construction of BiocommAI Data Centers for deployment and operation by our AI industry customers of mathematically provable safe AI.